Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Another list, another post.

You know how much I love my lists, so here you go:

1. On Friday my Aunt lost her 2 year long battle with cancer. Although in my opinion she was pretty victorious because she is forever in the presence of our sweet Lord, Jehovah-Rapha*. I'm actually jealous, forever in glory? Incredible.
*Jehovah-Rapha is the God who heals

2. I saw Justin Bieber's 'Never Say Never'. This embarrassing for multiple reasons: (1) I loved it, (2) I teared up, (3) I left inspired, (4) I am planning on seeing it again, (5) I am so happy the boy-band type music is coming back (6) I justified going because I went with a 14 year old, a 10 year old and a 17 year old (but let's be honest, I would have gone by myself anyway.)

3. My birthday. I have committed to being a 20-something. I am a 23 year old. This past birthday may have been one of my best (except my 21st that I stood 2 feet from Jon McLaughlin and he wished me happy birthday...can't really beat that) I woke up in one of the most comfortable beds ever that did not make noise because it was not made out of bamboo, went to coffee with a college roommate, had time by myself, went to dinner with friends (Thanks Kels who came in town!) and watched Baby Mama with a few friends from the Institute. Which may or not be one of my most quoted movies...ever (followed by Mean Girls, Dumb and Dumber, Heavyweights, Galaxy Quest, The Holiday and a mass of YouTube videos)

4. Adulthood. A few of us were talking the other day about when we feel that we have met adulthood. Granted none of us actually feel like adults because we live in Cabanas and work at summer kamp. But there ares ones in the group engaged, applying for real life jobs or pursuing more education and moving to new places. But nonetheless, most of us are adults. I think I have reached adulthood. I am becoming a member at my church in Branson and I have a phone with internet. I set up my own bank and have a grocery store. I am applying for jobs are are not just for the summer and after April, I will never sit in a classroom again (unless the Lord decides to be funny and call me to teaching...don't get any ideas) Even when I look at this, I don't feel like I am there. You know, at adulthood. I'm starting to think Meredith Grey is right:

“I've heard that it's possible to grow up - I've just never met anyone who's actually done it. Without parents to defy, we break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don't go our way, we whisper secrets with our best friends in the dark, we look for comfort where we can find it, and we hope - against all logic, against all experience. Like children, we never give up hope...”

5. Israel. The Holy Land. The land milk and honey (hence blogspot tagline). But I leave in about a day. I am so excited. I seriously get to walk where Jesus walked. You know I love the story of Moses and the journey to the Promised Land, I am pumped to see the Promised Land in living color! I don't think it has hit me yet that I am going to the Middle East. I literally am pumped to go to the land that I have read so much about.

Peace out friends

No comments:

Post a Comment