Thursday, June 7, 2012

The time is now

I am 13 hours away from living my dream. Literally. I'm in DC getting ready to board.  It has been a 6 year long journey since I first realized the Lord was calling me to Africa. And in His perfect timing, the time is now. For such a time as this He has been preparing me over the past 6 years for this trip.          At kamp we have morning meetings with the staff and we can sign up to do a devo. In typical Sarah fashion I signed up for the day before I left since clearly I didn't have enough to do. I spoke on living outside of your comfort zone which I have plenty of examples to go off of called my life.        As I left kamp yesterday I had a conflicted heart. Staff kept asking if I was excited or ready to go. All I could say was 'I'm not there yet. I'm in kamp mode.'  I wanted to stay and minister to families. I wanted to do what was comfortable. The thing is, the Lord has not called me to be comfortable.          I need to be out of my comfort zone to be reminded of the Lord's faithfulness.  I need to be out of my comfort zone to grow in my relationship with the Lord. As I look back over the past 6 years, I have spent majority of them out of my comfort zone but I would not trade what I have learned about His character for a comfortable life. I know I will not fall because I stand on His Word and His truth nor will I cease to bear fruit in this time (Jeremiah 17:7-8)      So here I go again, doing something else that scares me so I can learn a little but more about the Lord's character and serve the Lord in a way that I wouldn't be able to do in the states. Peace out friends, I hit the ground running when I land!

No comments:

Post a Comment