Thursday, June 14, 2012

Some Days

The thought of sitting down and summarizing days 4-8 is an overwhelming task. It is hard to process everything but know this for a fact: this is difficult, uncomfortable, tiring and emotional. But I wouldn't change where I'm at right now, even though I miss the comforts of kamp.

 Some days I feel guilty about how I worry about employment in the fall when the people I work with daily don't know where their next meal is coming from. Some days my heart is so full of joy because I see a tangible result at the end of the day. Some days I am covered in thick red dirt that has staned my skin because I laid on the ground with a child to look at the clouds. Some days are easier than others. Some days I don't want to see anymore hurt, poverty or need because I can only do so much to fix the problem. Some days I don't think my heart can take anymore breaking.

 The passage of scripture that brings me comfort is Daniel 4:34-35 which reminds me that the LORD is sovereign and His domain is everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment