Thursday, March 8, 2012

40 Day Chaellenge

4o days from now is Tuesday, April 17th.

At that time I will have completed my internship with the Kanakuk Institute, will have moved of the Lake Shore and will have two and a half weeks in my Master's left. During the past few months I have been applying for jobs I have gotten nowhere. At the end of college I was under qualified without a masters and now that I will have one I will be overqualified. I just need one person to take a chance on me so I can prove myself.

I know the Lord is sovereign in this, I know that the right job hasn't come along. I know the Lord will provide. Each day I pray through my fears and anxieties and hand it over to the Lord. And chose to trust Him.

After doing a word study (and google search) on the number 40, I have decided to do a 40 day challenge. The number 40 is mentioned 146 times in the Bible and directly correlates to trials, testing and probation. It is also the product of 5 and 8. The number 5 points to the action of grace and 8 means revival and renewal.

I am stopping the job hunt for 40 days. No more googling jobs, putting in applications or handing random businesses my resume (yes, that has happened). I have 3 applications that I have yet to hear about and IF I hear from them, I will act on them. I am going to focus on this sweet (somewhat scary) time of the unknown, just me and the Lord.

So for the probably 5 of you that still read this, please keep me in your prayers in the next 40 days as I pray for vision and clarity about my next step.

Bring on the next 40 days.

1 comment:

  1. Read it. And will be praying! Excited to see what the Lord has in store!

    ReplyDelete