Thursday, June 9, 2011

twentyfourhoursoff

Never underestimate the power of a 2-4.
For the past 4 summers, I start my first 2-4 of the summer the same way:
Turkey Bacon Bravo, Chicken Poppyseed salad and a Dr. Pepper (only because Panera carries Pepsi products, I won't hold it against them.)

I have never been so ready for a day off this early in the summer.
I usually spend my 2-4s by myself BUT I had some great friends off this time. Tanya, Mallory and Kristen (otherwise known as the best 2-4 ever) were all off and our time overlapped. it was so refreshing to have those women off at the same time. I was able to debrief with all of them about kamp and life. We laughed till we cried, told hilarious stories of the year and slept in this morning. And by slept in I mean we woke up between 8:30 and 9:00. Oh and ate tons of donuts.
The best kinds of friends are the ones that simply being together brings a sense of happiness that can't be matched.
And now we all will split up and go back to Lampe, Golden and Branson. Bring on the K.

Proverbs 27:17, As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

I never want to be at a place in my life that I don't have women who are holding me accountable. I want these women to confront me if they see sin in my life. I want to do the same for them. This 3 women are a huge blessing in my life.

All thanks to KK, I ended up at Kanakuk 4 summers ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment