Sunday, April 10, 2011

Packing

One of my least favorite things to do is pack up a room and move. It just means that a chapter of my life has come to an end and I am having to say goodbye to people that I have come to love. First it was the move from Kansas City to Manhattan. Once in Manhattan it was from Boyd Hall to Viva Vattier to Kearney Krazies. Then once college was over it was from Manhattan to the current location of Branson.

Each time this happened I always forgot the upside to it. I always focused on the chapter that I was closing and what I was leaving behind and not what I was getting ready to gain. The move just meant that a new chapter in my life was about to begin.

As you can tell, I’m currently taking a break from packing up my room. This time it is different. I can see parts of this chapter that I will be sad to see go but the best is yet to come in the next chapter.

-I’m sad to say goodbye to this community but I am lucky enough to have had a glimpse of what Heaven will be like. I know that I will long for this type of community for the rest of my life.

-I’m sad that I will no longer be sitting in class learning but it reminds me that learning should never cease, especially when it comes to our Lord.

-I’m sad that there is never be a time in my life that my 54 classmates will all be together again but I know that our personal ministry will be better off when we are scattered among the Nations preaching the Word of God by our actions.

-I’m sad that I have to say goodbye to some dear people in my life but I am so excited to have another year in the Branson community to grow closer to the ones that are still here.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. (Theodore Roosevelt)


No comments:

Post a Comment