Monday, August 30, 2010

Blog Fail

So when I started this blog I assumed I would be much better about updating it during the summer but seeing how it is Aug. 30th and my last post was during term 3 of kamp: blog fail.

Just an snippet of the summer, we had one of the best summers yet at Kauai! Our staff was incredible and has huge hearts for the Lord. The Lord worked in so many incredible ways and families hearts were changed. It has been such a blessing during my summers at kamp to be a part of something so much greater than myself and see firsthand the healing hands of God.

My song of the summer was 'Hurricane' by Jimmy Needham

"I need You like a hurricane
Thunder crashing, wind and rain
To tear my walls down
I’m only Yours now
I need you like a burning flame
A wild fire untamed
To burn these walls down
I’m only Yours now
I’m only Yours now "

I listened to that song on a daily basis, sometimes evenly hourly. It is still so amazing to me that even though I am comfortable at kamp, the Lord can still tear me apart and work in my heart of stone.

I move to Branson in about 10 days. I am thoroughly enjoying my Kansas City vacation. I have not had a summer in Kansas City in about 3 years, its nice to get to enjoy my time here and live a Kansas City life since in a week and a half I will be a b-lo (thats what I call the Branson locals) and live in a tourist trap of a town (which, don't get me wrong I am STOKED to live where I can hit up some family-friendly-cheesy-music-shows any day of the week!)

Be praying about a part-time job for me, I have been on the search for something since the end of the summer. The downfall to living in a tourist town is when all the tourists leave jobs are scarce! But the Lord will provide how much I need and when I need it. I have already figured out a TIGHT budget including the old-school cash in sealed envelopes labeled with the month trick. Bring it on.

Peace. Love. And Branson Shows.
A SOON-TO-BE-B-LO,
Sarah
or Rari as some kamp kids call me :)

1 comment:

  1. So much going on for you! Yay :)

    And yes, I drafted Tony. Just wish he was still wearing red and gold...

    ReplyDelete