Monday, June 14, 2010

Term 3

I have been preparing for summer since leadership weekend in April. During that time I had a portfolio to finish, a house to pack up and finish my college degree.

I made it to kamp and entered into probably the craziest summer of my life. Being in charge of the kitchen has had its up and downs. The downs being training new people every week, early hours, miscommunication and long days on your feet. The ups? Dancing to Ben Rector with my crew when no one else is around, laughing until we cry, eating large amounts of leftovers and getting to encourage and be encouraged by my fellow staff.

Our theme this year is LIMBO LiMBO. Based on James 4:10, Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up. The question we ask our guests is 'How low can you go?' Through the course of the week the guests (kampers) learn about:
L:Love
I: Integrity
M: Mercy
B: Be humble
O: Obedience

With these five principles being the foundation of kamp this summer, the Lord has definitely been working on the hearts of our staff as well as our guests. The Lord is good and faithful.

Thanks for your constant prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment