Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Doubt

This is what I have been doing in the past few weeks of my life. I am a professional wedding guest.

This is only one of the pictures from the 3 weddings I have been to in the last month. Two of the weddings were in Kansas City. I had the pleasure of showing some of my Institute friends the beauty of KC. Asha's wedding was last weekend and it was a little Insty reunion. So blessed by this group of people.

After I returned from the wedding, I was exhausted. Oh did I mention I threw a shower for Kristen that weekend too? Anyway, I had a huge list of projects (18 in total) and I have been discouraged by fundraising. I haven't received anything in a week. I have 48% of my funds raised. But to clue you in, 48% of a lot of money is still a lot of money.

I walked to my mailbox last night, and I saw nothing there (little did I know that my precious suitemate had already grabbed my mail) and as I walked to my room I was admitting to the Lord that I had failed to trust Him, yet again (a lesson I learn far to often) and that I knew that this trip was in His hands. I was waiting on Him.

I walked into my room and saw the white envelope with the Dig Deep sticker on it. I immediately opened it and there was a check that singlehandedly moved my total from 48% to 69% (at this point I would like to add that the Lord was probably sitting on His throne, shaking His head at me and saying 'I knew this all along, I told you I would provide, oh you of little faith. Have I EVER failed you?').
Lesson (none of this is new): He provides in ways we never could imagine.
Lesson: He is faithful even when I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment