Friday, January 14, 2011

This is dedicated to Kelsey. Who told me to update.

So I have been missing from the blogging world for about 2 months. And my friend Kelsey is really into blogs right now, so I needed to give her something to read.
PS. SHE IS COMING BACK TO KAMP! AND COMING TO BRANSON FOR MY BIRTHDAY!

So the few of you that read this blog, my new goal is to blog once a week. We'll see how that works out.

I like lists.

1. It is impossible to write down all that I have learned in the past few months since the big move to Branson. I started the year of nervous because this is the farthest I have ever lived away from Kansas City, I didn’t realize that I was coming to a place that feels more like home everyday. Each day, Branson becomes a little more normal to me. And my second family is hilarious. For example, I took the two younger ones out to ice cream today. I get them from school and the 7 year old boy gets in the car and pulls out a spoon from his pocket and tell me that he has been ready all day.

2. Living life in the kamp community has been a huge dose of encouragement. I see how conistant the full-time staff is in their walk with the Lord. How their love for the Lord just pours out and into their everyday lives. I find myself desperately wanting that for myself. One of the biggest struggles I have had is making sure my time in the Word is not just school-related. It is so easy to get caught up in my assignments that I forget how much I long for that intimate relationship with Christ. I am constantly caught off guard with how my Lord loves me.

3. I have been blessed with a great friendships here, especially my friend Liz. Our friendship is hilarious. We met at leadership weekend this past year because we both were DHDLs at the kamps next door. Little did we know that our first meeting was the beginning our friendship. We both had hard summers being DHDL and we met a few times in the Bean to try and gain sanity over running a kitchen. Our friendship really picked up when I was switched into the same small group this year at the Institute. That in itself is a long hilarious story.

4. I am not going to lie, I LOVE BRANSON. It is such a hilarious place. I have to remind myself it is just a season and one day I will have a kitchen and a washer and dryer (or so I hope). But it is not everyday you see snow on palm trees or go to church in a castle. It's a funny little place that I currently call home.

5. There are 55 people in my class. We are all very different but we are learning how to navigate life together and keep our common goal of seeking Christ the main thing. Even though people are so different from each other, we have the bond of being the Institute class of 2011 with the foundations of Christ. So in the end, we are not all that different.

In other news, I will be returning to kamp as DHDL for theoretically my final summer. I use the term theoretically because, well, its is kamp and it is kinda a vortex and it sucks you in and you can't escape.

And my dodgeball came in second tonight.

I saw Patsy Cline at church last week...I mean the impersonator.

Next up? A picture blog. Get ready to rumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment